Saturday, December 11, 2010

Last Days in London

Turns out I had a kidney stone which led to NASTY kidney infection, a lovely 5 day stay in the Princess Grace Hospital in London and a nephrostomy (a tube through my back and into my kidney). Thankfully I had incredible professors, friends and an amazing sister who was willing to come to London.
Raye Ann flew over to London by herself on Thanksgiving so she could be with me! I was so grateful to have her there with me in the hospital.

The awesome thing about London hospitals is that I had doctors/nurses from literally all over the world.   I remember at one point of my stay I woke up in a morphine fog to hear my professor's wife talking to my doctor from Egypt in Arabic. That was pretty trippy and I was sooooo confused. I was also in the hospital over Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving dinner was a Caesar salad and a baked potato....not my most favorite Thanksgiving dinner ever.

My last week and a half in London was the best and worst of my life. I was exhausted and extremely weak after getting out of the hospital. While in the hospital, I had missed a week of classes so obviously I was behind in all of them but all  I wanted to do was go out and see and do everything around London. On top of my desire to see the rest of London, Raye Ann was with me so I wanted to show her EVERYTHING that I loved about London. It was hard to balance everything but we definitely had a lot of fun and a memorable last few days in the greatest city in the world!!!

Highlights from the last few days in London: (besides Finals of course)
- Front row tickets to Wicked
- 2nd row tickets to Oliver
- Harry Potter 7 at the Odeon Theatre (where the actually premiere was)
- High Tea at the Orangerie at Kensington Palace
- Handel's Messiah performance at Handel's Church
- Changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace
- Shopping, shopping and more shopping
- Eating at my favorite restaurants including Tuk Tuk, Zizzi's, Nando's and Ye Old Chesire Cheese
- Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park
- London Eye
- Portobello Market
- All my favorite museums again, and again, and again


Here is a lovely collage of pictures from the last two weeks!!!!

National Gallery



SHOPPING
Oliver

Wicked

Handel's Messiah

Changing of the Guard
Portobello Road Market

Christmas lights at Salone Square




Part of the Berlin Wall at the Imperial War Museum



Last night in London, on the London Eye





Best pub/tavern in town

My message to the next girls...." Drink lots of water! You DON't want a kidney stone..... trust me!"


Hyde Park
Leaving the Center :(

I had an amazing few months in London but now I am home! I will forever remember the memories I made in this incredible city and am so grateful for the experiences I had. London will always hold a special place in my heart!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment