Friday, November 19, 2010

This too shall pass....like a kidney stone.

The past few days have probably been my most favorite days while here in London..... NOT!

What did I do??...... I learned all about the health care system here in London.

3 sleepless nights filled with excruciating pain.....vomited about 100 times......3 trips to the hospital....1 hour and 45 minutes being hooked up to an IV.........2 doctors visits......3 prescriptions........1 X-Ray........1 ultrasound.....1 CT Scan.....2 blood tests......lots of pain meds....and 1 kidney stone!


Sounds like fun right?
Yeah it wasn't.


Thankfully I have a houseful of wonderful girls that helped me when I needed them the most! :) And Anne is amazing!!!


Yay for taking pictures with my IV.


Lovely Anne who waited patiently with me the whole time :)

Dooped up on pain meds and and IV

Checking out my x-ray
Sadly due to the trip to the Emergency Room, Anne and I missed out on going to the opera with the rest of the program.

Thankfully I am better now....... apart from my desperate need for food and sleep.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're all better Kim! That sounds like it was a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was all better.... I thought it was all over but ended up in pain and throwing up again last night.
    Seems to be a reoccurring nightmare. :(

    ReplyDelete