Thursday, November 18, 2010

Was I even awake for this?!?!

Going to the Harry Potter Premiere definitely had it's consequences....like being totally exhausted for several days after. So I know I did a lot of really cool thinks the past few days but I'm pretty sure I was half asleep for all of it.Thankfully I took pictures to remind me what I did.

Friday was a catch up day with classes, shopping, and running errands.

Saturday the group went on a tour of the Houses of Parliament. That was really cool and interesting but getting up at 7 am on a Saturday to tour Parliament was not my idea of fun.



After the tour Lisa and I headed to St. Paul's to see the Lord Mayor's Show. This is a big parade that the mayor of London puts on every year.
The Lord Mayor himself

Saturday night a bunch of the girls and I watched What A Girl Wants. I love that movie and the fact that we went to Parliament that day made it so much cooler. I actually understood all the Lords, Commons and all the other parliament lingo that is in the movie.


Monday:
PLATFORM 9 3/4!!!!!!!!!!!!
In honor of the Harry Potter Premiere last week and the movie premiere this week, the girls at 27 Palace Court are on a POTTER PILGRIMAGE!!! Monday's Potter adventure was to see Platform 9 3/4.




I then went and did a bunch of random touristy things like the British Library, British Museum, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus and went to see Mamma Mia.







Tuesday was a day trip to Cambridge American Cemetery and  Cambridge University. This was filled with seeing cool old buildings, punting on the Cam River, shopping and Evensong at the King's College Chapel.
Shopping included buying matching Cambridge sweatshirts with Anne and THE ENTIRE HARRY POTTER  BOOK SERIES!!!!!!! I even got them shipped to the good ol' USA! I am so excited to have the entire British series.










Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment